|AI Type||Wall of Shadows AI|
|Damage||64 / 160|
|Max Life||36000 / 45000|
|Debuff duration||4 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Losing life.|
|Debuff duration||While Wall of Shadows is alive.|
|Debuff tooltip||Decreased light vision|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
It does not spawn on its own, the only way to summon it is to throw a Shadow Relic into lava in the underworld (Much like in the Wall of Flesh). The boss can be only summoned if Plantera is defeated and there is a Dryad in the world. After throwing Shadow Relic the Dryad will die.
The Wall of Shadows behaves almost exactly as the Wall of Flesh does but has a different physical appearance. Unlike the Wall of Flesh, which has two eyes and one mouth, the Wall of Shadows only has one eye on the first phase which turns into a mouth on the second phase.
- Spawns with Shadow Hands hanging on chains which move toward the player and damage them. When a Shadow Hand is killed, the chain is broken and the Shadow Hand chases the player.
- Rapidly shoots purple lasers.
- Shoots a round of purple lasers.
- Has attacks from first stage.
- Summons Shadow Steeds that chase the player.
- Shoots a large shadowbeam that can bounce off walls.
- Shadow Hands can't despawn while the Wall of Shadows is still alive.
- The Wall of Shadows moves faster as it's health depletes.
- It can reach up to 50 mph when below 500 HP (As compared to the Hermes Boots at only 30 mph, Lightning Boots at 34, and the bunny mount at 38).
- Shoots lasers more rapidly.
- Can inflict Shadowflame debuff on player for 4 seconds.
- Build a long platform to kite it so you don't fall into the lava or have to worry about platforming.
- Avoid the lasers; the lasers can kill you when you're near the boss.
- When throwing a Shadow Relic in the lava of the Underworld, the Dryad NPC will be killed and the Wall of Shadows will be summoned.
- The Wall of Shadows Boss and its attacks came from a suggestion made by Zoomo
- The Wall of Shadows bears a resemblance to Wall of Flesh, but it possesses different attacks and stats.
- Unlike the Wall of Flesh, which spawns on the side of the Underworld you're closest to, the Wall of Shadows will spawn on a random side of the Underworld, so it is recommended to start the fight in the middle of the Underworld.
- Remastered 126.96.36.199: No longer a Wall of Flesh counterpart, moved to another tier and has better AI.
- Remastered 1.3: Introduced.