- Item (Quantity)Rate
Segments[edit | edit source]
Spawn[edit | edit source]
The Ancient Dragon will not spawn on its own. After the Tiki Totem has been defeated, Ruin Ghosts will spawn in the underground Ruins mini-biome and also spawn if there is a substantial amount of Clay Bricks in an area. Ruin Ghosts holding a lantern have a chance of dropping a Rusty Lantern, which can be used at a Ruin Altar to summon the Ancient Dragon.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Ancient Dragon burrows through blocks while trying to reach the player. When it reaches 50% of its' health, each body segment can shear off when hit, turning into a Baby Dragon.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- The Ancient Dragon charges towards the player.
Expert Mode[edit | edit source]
- The Ancient Dragon can inflict the Stoned debuff for 4 seconds when damages the player.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Ancient Dragon can be summoned at any time of day.
- It will burrow down offscreen and despawn when outside the Ruins.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For strategies on how to defeat the Ancient Dragon see Guide:Ancient Dragon Strategies.
- Piercing weapons are highly effective, as damage on each body segment will be dealt to the Ancient Dragon's total HP.
- Consider a Summon damage build, as your minions will still be active while you're petrified.
- Unlike other worm-type enemies, the Ancient Dragon is knocked back when struck by player attacks, making the fight extremely simple if the player has any minions or weapons that attack quickly
Trivia[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Remastered 126.96.36.199: Introduced.